Loading …

German Geotechnical Society

The German Geotechnical Society was originally started as the German Federation for Soil and Foundation Construction (DGEG) in 1950. The former 47 founding members had decided to promote research activities in the fields of soil mechanics and foundation construction within the framework of a non-profit organization.

Due to the extension of their initial scope over the years through the introduction of rock mechanics, engineering geology, plastics in geotechnology and geotechnical issues in the fields of landfills and contaminated sites, the society was renamed the "German Geotechnology Society" in 1994. At the same time, this took into account the international designation of the specialty area "geotechnical engineering". Meanwhile, the number of members in the society has grown from 47 in 1950 to around 2 000.

Congresses – abridged list

  • 2012 Mainz
  • 2014 Berlin
  • 2016 Bielefeld